MinDLNA FLAC transode possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrophyJem

Cadet
Hi All,
I'm still learning so be gentle with me lol.
I've today installed miniDLNA which is working great apart from I have some FLAC audio files that my TV etc are unable to play.
I also have Logitech Media server installed which is great for my joggler running squeezeplay but its DLNA capabilities are not so hot.
Whats the best way / solution to add ability to transcode these FLAC files on freenas 8.3?
I'm using a pretty good Intel motherboard platform for my Freenas solution so processor capacity shouldn't be a problem.
Cheers

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi All,
I'm still learning so be gentle with me lol.
I've today installed miniDLNA which is working great apart from I have some FLAC audio files that my TV etc are unable to play.
I also have Logitech Media server installed which is great for my joggler running squeezeplay but its DLNA capabilities are not so hot.
Whats the best way / solution to add ability to transcode these FLAC files on freenas 8.3?
I'm using a pretty good Intel motherboard platform for my Freenas solution so processor capacity shouldn't be a problem.
Cheers

If you install my subsonic plugin it comes with ffmpeg compiled with flac / mp3 support. You could transcode it, otherwise you could compile ffmpeg yourself from ports but make sure to configure it to compile with mp3 + flac support (which it doesn't by default).

Status
Not open for further replies.