Migrating from Nas4Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamegami

Cadet
I am currently running a 5 hard drive RaidZ1 pool on Nas4Free 9.1.0.1 and would like to migrate to FreeNas 9.2. Will I be able to import my zpool without issue. It's not clear from the manual if it's compatible or if I will need to perform a zpool upgrade.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not a clue. It "should" work but we've had people complain about problems and not be able to import it. In short.. good luck!

Kamegami

Cadet
Thanks for the response. My understanding is that if it's compatible I don't HAVE to update the zpool if it imports sucessfully, and that an import is non-destructive so I can revert back to Nas4Free if I don't update the pool. Is this correct?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Correct.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Even if you do decide to move over to FreeNAS, I would ensure you have a backup of all your files first. I don't believe you will have troubles importing your pool however you never know what you might do by accident to mess it up. Ensure you use Auto Import. And my last note would be to not upgrade your pools until you are positive you want to stay with FreeNAS. Once you have done this well you won't be going back to NAS4Free unless you rebuilt your pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.