Migrating Config file from WIN to FreeNas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

Dabbler
I want to migrate (copy) my Config files from my Windows programs (sickbeard, couchpotato, sabnzbd, etc.) to the FreeNAS plugin versions.

I have FTP and SSH setup so I'm able to transfer the files via FTP and Mod them via SSH once transferred but that doesn't seem to be enough.

The plugins don't want to restart after I've copied/swapped the Config files.
I've even made sure to compare original formatting (freenas) with the Windows version but no luck.

What am I missing?

Is there a simpler way to convert/migrate these config files over? PLease say yes.
thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not a clue what your problem is, but you should take that question to the actual plugin. The files may not be platform compatible...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
just move config files from windows to /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/etc/plugin/config.ini
You still need to then go through the settings and make any paths are fixed. and this doesn't migrate your database so you could then re-add your shows / movies.

If I were you I'd just start fresh, leave the old one running so you can easily manually copy over settings. when your done, snapshot the jail so you can always restore your old etc directories.

cloud

Dabbler
just move config files from windows to /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/etc/plugin/config.ini
You still need to then go through the settings and make any paths are fixed. and this doesn't migrate your database so you could then re-add your shows / movies.

If I were you I'd just start fresh, leave the old one running so you can easily manually copy over settings. when your done, snapshot the jail so you can always restore your old etc directories.

Well Joshua, you seem to be the expert round these parts when it comes to plugins so I'll follow your advice. I know it's the 'RIGHT' thing to do but I was hoping to find less laborious option.

The jail snapshot is a good idea I hadn't gotten to yet, and THAT will save me time.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.