Migrating from Hyper-V / VmWare to FreeNas Virtual / Bhyve?

L4wlz

Cadet
Hi,

Right now im using a windows 2012 R2 Server. where i have some Hyper-Vs running.
I will convert my server to a .VMDK with VCenter Converter tried it before and works perfectly.

But I would like to use FreeNas as my main server instead of my Windows 2012 R2 server.
But i need to migrate my Hyper-V and Vmware image to the Virtual machine / Bhyve on FreeNas..

I have tried google this about a solution.. But i can't find anything where i get a more step by step guide how to do this..
Is there some friendly soul in here have the same issue or know how to do this ?

very appreciated if some one can help me out here
Thanks.

KevDog

Patron
I'm not sure this helps you: (I found this here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve#Q:_C...or_other_virtualization_platforms_on_bhyve.3F)

Q: Can I use disk images from VirtualBox or other virtualization platforms on bhyve?

A: bhyve does not currently support reading foreign disk image formats directly, so one will have to convert existing disk images to a raw image using qemu-img. This can be accomplished by doing the following on a FreeBSD system:

$ pkg install qemu-devel
$ qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O raw virtual_box_image.vmdk bhyve_raw_image.img

VMDK, QCOW, QCOW2, VDI and more images can be converted to raw images using the qemu-img(1) utility in the emulators/qemu-devel port.