[MiddlewareError: Operation could not be performed. pw:mkdirxxome': File already exis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan101

Dabbler
Hi all,

I'm running FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 1 64bit. I deleted the only user account (myself) and tried to create my user again and I get the above error. I'm quite a newbe.

I formated the USB stick and reinstalled Freenas on it and I still get this error. I also reconfigured my 2 HDs from JBOD to Strip (only test data).

The error message appears on the upper right of the GUI where mkdirXXome is XX refers to two or more characters which I can't read as its obscured by the Account icon on the upper right.

Error: [MiddlewareError: Operation could not be performed. pw: mkdirXXome': File already exists ]

Hope someone can help Thanks!

Dan

Dan101

Dabbler
I was gonna say- turn off AFS and sharing, reboot, and try changing users. But since A snr member has said to wait for Beta 2, I think there's more to it than that.

FYI, I've gone back to 8.2.0 P1. Practice makes perfect. Now i'm fast with doing setups. IMO, 8.3 Beta 1 is just too buggy. Had a number of different error messages flash up in relation to above and always "unexpected EOF..." on the terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.