Merge custom CouchPotato... need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeurOSick

Cadet
Hi every body,

I tried hopelessly to install this version (with French providers) https://github.com/sarakha63/CouchPotatoServer on FreeNAS.

It was easy in ubuntu (just overwrite the files in the folder), but here I see that the configuration is different from ubuntu.

I thought that by simply replacing the "Couchpotato server" folder work. But this is not the case.

And is this the good folder?
/mnt/raid/jails/couchpotato_1/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato

An idea to guide me?

thank you

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Any reason you don't just use our PBI and you have like 2-clicks to have a working couch potato jail. There's also at least 1 guide on couch potato around here.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I believe he is using the pbi, but then wants to replace the source files.

your close, the folder /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer is what you replace. do it in the jail so you can then change the owner to 'media' UID=816. if you've already started CP before you may need to clear CP's datadirectory (depending if the fork is incompatible).

you should be able to do everything in 4-5 commands.

NeurOSick

Cadet
I believe he is using the pbi, but then wants to replace the source files.
Yes exactly, because this version is more appropriate for my region.

your close, the folder /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer is what you replace. do it in the jail so you can then change the owner to 'media' UID=816. if you've already started CP before you may need to clear CP's datadirectory (depending if the fork is incompatible).

you should be able to do everything in 4-5 commands.

Tanks you very much for the hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.