MediaBrowser Wont Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkavis

Explorer
Hi

I am on 9.3 and I am unable to start the mediabrowser after the server reboot. When I uninstall and reinstall then mediabrowser plugin will comeup and then I can turn on and off. The moment the server reboots for any reason like update or so mediabrowser wont start,

Below is what I see in the log inside mediabrowser jail's messages in /var/log

Feb 19 11:13:44 mediabrowser_1 su: in openpam_check_desc_owner_perms(): /etc/pam.d/su: insecure ownership or permissions
Feb 19 11:13:44 mediabrowser_1 su: pam_start: system error
Feb 19 11:13:44 mediabrowser_1 root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mediabrowser: WARNING: failed to start mediabrowser
Feb 19 11:15:00 mediabrowser_1 cron[29563]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is not owned by root
Feb 19 11:15:00 mediabrowser_1 cron[29563]: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'
Feb 19 11:15:00 mediabrowser_1 cron[29563]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is not owned by root
Feb 19 11:20:00 mediabrowser_1 cron[29634]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is not owned by root
Feb 19 11:20:00 mediabrowser_1 cron[29634]: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'
Feb 19 11:20:00 mediabrowser_1 cron[29634]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is not owned by root

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
that's an issue with the jail not mediabrowser itself. did you change ownership/permissions of any datasets?

venkavis

Explorer
Yes. For making webdav work easily, I accidentally changes the owner and group to webdav last month.

After that changes back everything to root and daemon.

I even posted in the forum to help me on what should have what permissions, I had no response.

I know I screwed up But I don't have any help so far. :)

After this Post I deleted the jal and recreating it and testing. Will respond back soon.

venkavis

Explorer
After restating the ZPOOL (in my case ZMEDIA) again changed its owner back to webdav on its own. Not sure whats causing it. But Even after reboot mediabrowser is running,

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes. For making webdav work easily, I accidentally changes the owner and group to webdav last month.

After that changes back everything to root and daemon.

I even posted in the forum to help me on what should have what permissions, I had no response.

I know I screwed up But I don't have any help so far. :)

After this Post I deleted the jal and recreating it and testing. Will respond back soon.
Never change the ownership/permission of any jail datasets. These are OS and application files that need specific ownership/permissions to work properly.

Only ever change ownership/permissions of datasets you mount into the jail.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
After restating the ZPOOL (in my case ZMEDIA) again changed its owner back to webdav on its own. Not sure whats causing it. But Even after reboot mediabrowser is running,
don't change permissions of your whole spool, use datasets for you files.

venkavis

Explorer
So I leave the webdav as the owner and group for my ZPOOL as it is?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So I leave the webdav as the owner and group for my ZPOOL as it is?
I'm not sure about your specific configuration.

did you recursively change ownership of your entire zpool? why don't you use datasets and set ownership there. then you won't be breaking your jail(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.