SOLVED MediaBrowser 3.0.5 path issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Sefcik

Cadet
I am running into a issue with my install of MB3. I have it running and can get to the setup screens as well as the 'browser user' screens.

My issue is in the configuration of the paths on the media shares. I can only see the 'jailed' paths. I want it to attache to one of the CIFS shares that i have setup already.

Below are the Media library images:
media_path_window.jpg media_path_window_local.jpg media_path_window_network.jpg

This is where i go dumb. I have only been working with FreeNAS for a few days. But i think i need to add a storage but i have never gotten a good handle on how to add storage to a 'jail' or am i completely wrong?

Thank you,

Todd Sefcik

Cadet
I have found my issue it was that i did not create the user ID and group ID in accounts when making the storage location. I thought because the CIFS was a guest it would work but not.

master-richie

Dabbler
can you elaborate please? I'm a n00b too and just setup mediabrowser on a freenas test server and have run into the same issue!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
double post

Last edited:

master-richie

Dabbler
yeah, I think I setup my volume incorrectly for what I'm trying to do. My media is in the same directory that my jail directory is in - mediabrowser from what I read recommends media data stored outside the jail but in the same device to be in a separate volume ... thankfully this is a testbed for a later production server so I'll just wipe it clean tomorrow and start from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.