Made a mistake entering tunable, nginx now erroring

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueRaja

Dabbler
Hi Folks,
I was entering tunables from the 10gig network primer thread and entered a variable under loader rather than sysctl.

sysctl kern.ipc.somaxconn=2048 sysctl kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=16777216

It was one of the adove I believe.

Now I can't access the GUI and I get the following error:-

An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details. Faithfully yours, nginx.

I have direct access to the system and everything is still working apart from the GUI.

How can I reverse my error?

I looked in /boot/loader.conf and /etc/sysctl.conf but couldn't see my changes.

This is on FreeNAS 11.

Thanks

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
You could use the Console and reset to factory defaults and then once you boot up again you could access the GUI and restore your config file. Hopefully you have a saved config file from before that change.

The other option might be during the bootup you might be able to make the change on the console manually but honestly I haev not done anything like that so YMMV.

Have you tried to restart the nginx server?

TheBlueRaja

Dabbler
You could use the Console and reset to factory defaults and then once you boot up again you could access the GUI and restore your config file. Hopefully you have a saved config file from before that change.

The other option might be during the bootup you might be able to make the change on the console manually but honestly I haev not done anything like that so YMMV.

Have you tried to restart the nginx server?

Will try and restart nginx when I get home.

No config backup either..... :(

Is this not stored in a particular config file?

EDIT : Resolved by command

sysctl kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=16777216

In terminal, then restart of nginx. I think i overwrote that one by mistake.

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
No config backup either..... :(
Make sure you do this, someday you may need this. I manually make a copy abotu every 2 months or so, it depends on if I've done any changes to my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.