Using the CLI to edit conf file or add tunable?

Thorshani

Cadet
I've been trying to get SCALE to boot on my Windows VM since yesterday, after running into the issue that by default, SCALE does not support my RealTek NIC. However, after investigation, I found if I add

Code:
if_re_load="YES"

either as a loader tunable or directly into the boot loader conf file it should work. I'm running into issues doing either. With the former, using the TrueNAS CLI Shell, I'm not sure which type to use under tunable create. According to the documentation, there are three types: SYSCTL, UDEV or ZFS. But if programming this tunable on the GUI, it would be a LOADER, with variable "if_re_load" and value "yes". So I'm not sure which one to select on the CLI.

Using the latter technique, by entering the Linux Shell, I can go directly to /boot/loader.conf but then I have to edit it using TUI (using nano) and I'm not positive it's working. The window pops up and I add the full line as written above. If I exit and reboot, I'm still presented with no network connection. If I navigate back to the TUI it still shows my line of code. Based on related posts online, this should only work one time and then a tunable should be setup using the GUI.

Any ideas? Thanks!