LSI Card Master List: SAS1068 To SAS3108. Update also tells you if you can cross flash a raid card over to IR/IT Mode

Snow

Patron
I do not take any credit for this list it was all mobilenvidia over at Server The Home.
LSI Cards Master List From SAS1068 To SAS3108

Now when I was building my new FreeNas this year. I had a hell of a time trying to find a cheap but good LSI card, That Supported IR/IT mode. Would have been really Nice to have this list! When you go to Broadcom or other vendors site's to look up info most of the older cards come up as 404 Not Found. I do know that they love the SAS 2008 over here. So Here is a link that Helped me build my New NAS And JBOD. I hope this helps Some one else and save's them time! There is also a list of SAS Expander as well. Any thing that is labeled IR/IT should work but also may depends on FreeNas & FreeBSD Support,
Mileage may very!

Last edited:

JaimieV

Guru
Excellent find! I was dying for that yesterday while wandering lost amongst the variants on ebay, but this confirms I made the right choice in the end (LSI 9207-4i4e, comes in IT mode).

Snow

Patron
Yes It was so much help to find this list! It helped me navigate the sea of eBay and out of country seller's