Low Power PC Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkuhn

Cadet
I'm looking for some suggestions on ready to go low power PC's that are known to be compatible with Freenas.

This system will act as a receiver of regular ZFS snapshots. I have my primary system in my home but this system will be out in my shop where I keep a backup set. The backup set is connected via 3 USB caddies so the only interface required on the system will be USB (no esata or other connections).

I'm currently running this process and it works great but I'm doing it with a Dell 2950 server and after setting it up in the shop my power bill for that building went up $15 dollars a month.

I'd love to find a low power alternative that is known to be compatible with Freenas. Ideally I'd like something off the shelf as I'm not looking for a project. Just something I can install and configure freenas on and forget it. Does anyone have any experience with low power consumption systems and can suggest some hardware that will do the trick?

Thanks,
Brad

gpsguy

You might want to consider a HP N54L Microserver. The Gen8 replacement for it has just been released. Here in the US, Newegg runs rebate offers on it, every other week or so. A FN user in the UK said they are seeing great cashback deals on it.

Most of us aren't keen on using USB connected drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.