Lots of Netdata alerts

thatcherk1

Cadet
I recently updated to 11.2 U5. At the same time I turned Netdata on for the first time. So I'm not sure if my problems are due to the update, or if they've been happening for a while and I just haven't had netdata service turned on.

When doing a heavy file transfer I get these errors. But even sometimes when the system is apparently idle I get them. These are the common alerts:
"out of disk space time"
"out of disk inodes time"
"10min netisr backlog exceeded"
And something about a packet storm

These alerts always seem to recover themselves. The disk space and inodes are happening in my jails folders. I'm wondering if it's because of how I have my jails setup. I have a pool on a fairly small SSD for all my jails. Particularly for Nextcloud I have a folder from my main large storage mounted as external storage. When files are running in and out of that mounted folder does Freenas think my small jails pool is getting filled up even though it's a mounted folder?

Also, not sure what to do with the 10min netisr backlog and the packet storm alerts.

I see the alerts are customizable in netdata. I'm not sure if I'll know how to make proper adjustments to the alerts. But before I even try to do that I want to make sure the alerts aren't valid and maybe I need to fix some things within my Freenas.

MikeyG

Patron
I've been struggling with this too. I thought I saw for U6 that those specific alerts will be controllable. I've been disabling email alerts for netdata, but I have to re-do my settings with every upgrade, and possible on reboots. Haven't totally kept track of the exact combo, but here are my notes on it:

Code:
/usr/local/etc/netdata/health_alarm_notify.conf

# enable/disable sending emails
SEND_EMAIL="NO"

thatcherk1

Cadet
Thanks for the tip on disabling. For now I just put a filter on my gmail that bypasses my inbox and adds a freenas label.

My bigger concern is that these warnings are something I should be worried about.

MikeyG

Patron
Someone else could confirm that, but pretty sure they are not important. Or, at least I've been ignoring them for months now. No issues.

MikeyG

Patron