Lost data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew0401

Dabbler
Just had a very silly momemnt whilst upgrading Freenas - managed to hit add volume rather than import a volume - so it appears I have an empty volume. Running on 9.2.1.8 x64 - any clues as whether this is recoverable would be appreciated.

The data is backups of other machines so I would describe it as very useful rather than critical!

Thanks

Andrew

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You shouldn't have had to import any volumes.....at least if you did a normal GUI upgrade. And if you did a full .iso upgrade, you should have had a copy of your configuration database that you could have just uploaded. Either way, your pool would have been there on completion.

But if you've essentially reformatted all of your disks in your ZFS pool, I think you're pretty much hosed.

andrew0401

Dabbler
Sorry - not ZFS but an old antique UFS configuration.

One of those things when trying to be quick and the finger hit the wrong button when dragging the mouse in a hurry......

Trying with Diskinternals to see what it can read

andrew0401

Dabbler
Diskinternals sort of works - yes it seems to be recovering files. BUT no sign of a directory structure and the files are name 00000001. , 00000002. etc etc - not helpful given there are thousands of files.....

Status
Not open for further replies.