SOLVED Lost all downloads in Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipub

Cadet
Hello

RE FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35)

I have been using freenas for about a month. I was using the default settings with transmission to download torrents. I then thought it would be a good idea to use the DLNA plug in but I couldnt get the two plug ins to see each other's data.

After reading up that I need to set up a common ground storage I disabled the transmission plugin thinking this would protect the data whilst I moved it. I set up the storage and reenabled the plug in to find the error:

"Error: No data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it."

I have logged into root and the download folder and the new storage folder is now empty.

I was under the impression I had lost this data however the volume manager still shows the 430 GB of data that I had downloaded as attached.

I'm a little new to linux and totally new to freenas and ZFS, I have had a look on the forums but can't find if this is something that can be fixed or not.

Attachments

• nas.jpg
    nas.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 406

ipub

Cadet
Okay kinda asnwered my own question. I removed the new storage volume and the data came back. Can somebody point me in the right direction on how I should be downloading video to play on plex or dlna plugins? I cant seem to work it out without breaking it.

ipub

Cadet
Okay... I figured that out too. I created a folder in the shell to send downloads to and read DLNA from.
Moving over 438 GB of data is not going to be fun..

Obviously this is just my opinion but it seems that you need to use the CLI a lot more than I'd like but I guess it's a good way to learn..

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm not sure what you are trying to do exactly that needed the CLI, but generally speaking you shouldn't need to do much at all from the CLI.

As for trying to download movies into Plex, you're eluding to copyright piracy with your post. We don't condone or support that kind of thing, so you are on your own regarding that issue.

Have you tried using the FreeNAS manual at doc.freenas.org?

warri

Guru
Who's talking about copyright piracy here? Videos != Movies, and even if he was downloading movies, there is still stuff like 20 Open Source Movies You Can Edit and Redistribute for Free.

Regarding your problem: You probably mounted something over your original dataset/folder, so that it temporarily disappeared. Not using any plugins, though - so can't help you any further.

EDIT: Woops, need more coffee. Didn't really see the "elude" ;)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That's why I said "Elude". He didn't come out and say "I want Iron Man 3, where do I download it?" but Plex doesn't do very much good outside the realm of publicly available material, all of which is copyrighted with very few exceptions.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
'Alude'

Unless you're making a pun about eluding the issue. ;-)

No, I spelled it wrong on accident. Learn something new every day...

Err, I mean.. it was the pun! Yes! The pun! I'm sooo funny!

panz

Guru
I think I could put my own ripped movies (from DVD of mine) into FreeNAS + Plex, right?

cyberjock

Inactive Account

ipub

Cadet
woah, ok, If I can just defend myself a little here..I was just asking about configuration of storage for the supplied endorsed plugins.

The issue I had was that all the plugins in the jails directory couldn't speak to each other. /mnt/NAS1/jails/
I ended up creating a folder in the CLI for all the plugins to access /mnt/NAS1/storage.

You mention I shouldn't really need to use the CLI. How do you create folders in the GUI as I'm not able to find it?

D

dlavigne

You mention I shouldn't really need to use the CLI. How do you create folders in the GUI as I'm not able to find it?

This bug was recently fixed and that feature will be in the next version of FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.