Not open for further replies.

NRFdead

Cadet
FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825)
Shared device path: afp://mediadrive._afpovertcp._tcp.local
(5) 300GB seagate HD
RAID5
AMD E-350 Processor

Originally had several users access the shared folder, now no one can access it.
Shared permissions were not altered.

other information: recently lost connection entirely to even web interface. Was able to gain back access by unplugging the first 2 HD.

Why have I lost the ability to access the shared folder and how can i get it back?

Any information you need please let me know as I am new to FreeNAS and I will get you any missing information I've left out.

Last edited:

gpsguy

Maybe the data you are looking for is on the drives you removed. Or you broke the pool when you removed the disks.

Why did you remove the disks?

Since you can't get to the web interface hook a monitor and keyboard to the server.

Are there any error messages on the screen?

Is the IP address that you should be using to connect to it listed on the screen?

Tell us what you see before going any further.

Sent from my phone

NRFdead

Cadet
well my original issue has always been that we cannot access the shared folder or the web interface on our Macs.
I was told to disengage each disk one at a time and reboot after each one because they said it might be a disk failure. After doing this only then was I able to get back into the web interface.

-I do have a monitor and keyboard hooked up to the server.
-the IP I am supposed to use is listed on the screen

as of now no error messages if the 2 HD are still unplugged.
If I plug them back up, it will no longer ping to the network unless I type in "service netif restart"
but even after that I am still unable to get to the web interface UNLESS I disengage the 2 HDs

When I plug them back in I do get this:
/dev/ufs/MediaDrv: Unexpected Soft Update Inconsistency;Run fsck MANUALLY
THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
ufs: /dev/ufs/MediaDrv (/mnt/MediaDrv)
Autmatic file system check failed; help!
ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sending SIGTERM to parent)!

gpsguy

I'm going to bow out of this discussion. As I reflect on what the OP has said - I don't want to get tangled up in this mess.

Can you get help from whoever setup/configured your "server"? If not, you may want to contact iXsystems and engage their professional services.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Removing 2 drives in a raid5 results in complete and utter data loss

Status
Not open for further replies.