lost all network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpazzyC

Cadet
History: My files have been stored on a Windows 7 computer with external Hardrives for years. (Approx. 5TB of information, pictures movies etc)
I bought a freenas mini to have a reliable backup storage unit. I have put 4 WD 4TB Reds in it.
I used the web gui to upgrade from 2.1.4 to 2.1.7. The upgrade froze in the middle locking me out of the console, after cycling the power on the unit it came back up, and seemed to be ok. But within 30 minutes both network adapters disappeared. Hardware not detected. T reset to factory defaults, and the adapters appear for a short time then were gone again. I should have probably come to the forums then, but I thought "Failed upgrade, oh well, I'll install from scratch."

So I did. Wipe and reload from a cd worked perfectly. I didn't import my old settings.
I created the pool as 2 pairs of mirrored drives.
I created a Round Robin lagg and statically set the ip address.
I followed the freenas manual for setting up a CIFS share, and stared an xcopy from the Windows 7 machine.
Sometime in the middle of the night, the copying failed. On the Windows command line it showed "Sharing Violation"
I had copied approx 11850 files continuously up to that point.

So now I cannot access the share, or the freenas web gui at this time. I still have access to the console.

In /var/log/messages I see:
smbd[7998]: [2014/08/31 05:07:49.333395, 0] ../source3/smbd/oplock.c:335(oplock_timeout_handler)
smbd[7998]: Oplock break failed for file <filename> -- replying anyway
nmdb[7807]: STATUS=daemon 'nmbd finished starting up and ready to serve connections*****

there are also a ton of:
smbd[33246]: STATUS=daemon 'smdb' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionsWARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated

I am not familiar enough with the BSD backend to go any futher on my own.
Has anyone else seen this before?

Thank you,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.