Looking for a more energy efficient storage solution

ddaenen1

Patron
I am running FreeNAS on a Supermicro X8SIL-F with Xeon L3426 and 32Gb ECC RAM linked to a Dell Powervault MD1000 through a HBA with 15 2Tb HSTS SAS HDD's. The system is predominantly used for Plex and some low level file sharing. At the moment, the drives are configured into 2 RAIDZ2 pools. One dedicated to Plex, one to filesharing.

I never really considered power consumption as i a have a pretty decent solar panel installation on the roof but only recently discovered that the power consumption of this set up is way higher than i initially anticipated and i believe the MD1000 is the most power hungry as it houses 2 500W PSU's and a bunch of loud fans. I am not sure i need a set up with 2 PSU's or that many drives as long as i have comparable storage space for Plex. Not even too bothered about the file sharing pool. I have enough other means for that.

I was wondering if there would not be a more power efficient 19" rack solution that would give me comparable storage and data security that i would be able to hook up to the HBA. Any suggestions?