SOLVED Local Users Unable to Login

MurtaghsNAS

Dabbler
I am having trouble with logging in with non-root local users. While this might be a real bug, I have doubts no one else found such a fundamental bug before this rookie and suspect I am doing something wrong.

Summary: After creating a local user through the GUI, I am not able to log in to the GUI as that new user.

Bug reproduction:
1) from fresh install of TrueNAS-SCALE-21.08-BETA.1, log in as root user
2) Go to Credentials>LocalUsers
3) Select Add
4) Create user by filling out "Full Name", Username, Password, and "Confirm Password". Click Save to complete.
5) Confirm new user is listed in Users field
6) logout as root by using upper-right power icon> log out.
7) On login screen, input new user username and password

Expected results:
New user logs in successfully

Observed results:
Pop up on login screen appears and says "Username or Password is incorrect."

Notes:
-I have tried a few different variations, making user sudoer, different PID, etc, and have not had success.
- In attached logs, I created user "testuser" at approximately 11:00 am, reproduced failed login, and relogged in as root to gather logs.

Attachments

• debug-smaug-20210918110504.tgz
    2.3 MB · Views: 228

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
The additional users are there for permissions to access datasets via various data access protocols.

MurtaghsNAS

Dabbler
I expected it was user error of some sort, which is why I posted here instead of Jira. Thanks for the help!

sretalla