Local Sync Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroT

Cadet
I currently have a windows server with a storage pool and another box running xpenology and I really think its time to consolidate and build myself a freenas box.

The most important thing for me that I use the most is the 'Cloud Station Drive' (windows) client from Synology that syncs chosen folders to local machines, like dropbox too I guess, so that I can work on files on my laptop while away from home and changes are sync'd back to the server. On my home machines I also use a local sync'd copy of the files rather than working on them directly on the server. Is there something similar available for freenas?

The second important thing for me is the "DS File" app for mobile (ios & android) that auto syncs any photos I take on the devices back to the NAS at home. Again is there something similar for freenas?

Something less important but certainly a nice to have, my current NAS powers off over night from 10pm until 6am which saves on some electricity, again is this something you can do in freenas?

Dice

Wizard
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I really think its time to consolidate and build myself a freenas box.
Correct.

Is there something similar available for freenas?
Resilio.

Again is there something similar for freenas?
Resilio.

again is this something you can do in freenas?
You really shouldn't.
Beyond the wear on drives spinning up and down, such on-off behavior messes with scheduled maintenance tasks that are absolutely essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.