How to sync Freenas Box with Owncloud Hosted from Provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bke

Cadet
Dear Community,

I tried googling it. I read a lot, but i can't figure out the best solution for my idea.

I put together a Nas4free Box for Home Usage. (please dont get angry for asking this in this forum, i will switch to Freenas) Streaming through DLNA, SMB share, Torrenting.. I followed the documentations - as a non linux user and everything went well. (thanks a lot!)

We have a website for our company with unlimited storage. The provider allows to use own cloud too. I installed it and created a subdomain for it.
I would like to sync/backup the data from our NAS4FREE box to this owncloud "private" cloud.

I didn´t find any solution yet for NAS4FREE and i just recently understood that FreeNas has many other Features i would like to use (I like Plex on OS X, the built in DLNA from NAS4Free is working but not in every Detail.)

So i will install Freenas instead of Nas4Free.

It would be the most important for me to find a way to backup / sync our data from the Freenas Server to our Owncloud Installation. I saw that Freenas has a similar Plugin (Crashplan) to backup to Crashplan.

Our is my Problem trivial and there is an owncloud Client too for freenas?

Could you help me with some advice
icon_question.gif

Many thanks in advance!
(sorry for my possible mistakes in english)
bK

danb35

Hall of Famer
The owncloud plugin allows you to set up a local instance of the owncloud server. AFAIK, it is not an owncloud client. The best way I can think of to back up or sync to a remote owncloud server would be to mount it as a davfs share, which works under Linux, but I don't see that this is available for FreeBSD of any flavor.

bke

Cadet
The owncloud plugin allows you to set up a local instance of the own cloud server. - That what i was afraid of.

I found the Owncloud Server Feature on the Freenas page, but I'm looking for something like you write. (if i understand right i should mount the share through the webdav feature of owncloud (as "owncloud drive") and somehow replicate the data to it from the NAS .

Does anyone have this or something similar working?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
If your hosting provider allows it, mine does, you can just use plain old rsync to copy everything with cron jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.