Loading... Message Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll just leave this here since I've only been using FreeNAS for around 6 months and I my issue doesn't seem to fit neatly in any other category.

What's going on here is when I attempt to edit permissions for a ZFS volume or dataset, or when I try to edit or add a CIFS share, the window pops up with the message Loading... and then hangs. It will go ahead and display the dialog eventually in most cases. Sometimes it takes a few minuets sometimes as much as 10, there have been a few times I gave up.

It doesn't seem to be affecting the system otherwise but this is obviously a problem for me when I'm trying to get work done! If it matters I'm running Build FreeNAS-8.0.3-RELEASE-p1-x64 (9591). I'm tempted to upgrade to the newest version to see if that works, I'm just a little nervous as I haven't upgraded my production system yet and I don't want to lose anything.

Yes I do! A delay when syncing the account info almost certainly explains it. Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to make it less intrusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.