Linux VM Drivers

mcscooby41

Cadet
Hi everyone, I've recently setup a new TrueNAS Core system and I'm setting up a linux VM for playing about with. I want to change the resolution of the VM so when I remote into it its more useable but I can seem to find any drivers to install into my guest VM.

I tried a search of the forums but couldn't find this issue listed, may have searched for the wrong thing so apologies if its been answered before.

TrueNAS Spec: -
Intel i5-3470
16GB DDR3 RAM
1GB NIC
Intel integrated graphics
256GB SSD Boot Drive
2*1TB SATA Drives Mirrored
2*4TB SATA Drivers Mirrored

VM Spec: -
1 CPU/2 Cores/1 Thread
4GB RAM
Boot Loader UEFI
OS = Pop_OS!
VirtlO NIC
AHCI Disc

The VM is up & running fine I can use it on my local network & even remote into it to do some tasks, however the screen res is locked at 1024*768. I'm use to VMware and installing the guest drivers to fix this sort of issue. However I cant seem to find drivers like this for linux under TrueNAS, I've found the windows ISO but that's no use to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mcscooby41

Cadet
I've managed to sort something with this issue, I'm using VNC to connect to the machine but the option to amend the screen resolution in the device settings for the VM made no difference.

After upgrading TrueNAS to V13.0 this option now seems to be having an effect on the resolution of the VM when I connect to it. I'm not sure why this wasn't working before but it is now & allows me to do what I want.