Latest PMS issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageAUS

Patron
Ok so my Plex media server plugin works if I browse to the address but I can no longer see it in plugins on the left hand pane and therefore cannot see the "to access pms click here" and when I go into installed plugins I can no longer stop PMS.
FreeNAS 9.10.2-U3
plexmediaserver-1.5.5.3634-amd64

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
System specs?

SavageAUS

Patron
Gigabyte MX31-BS0
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5 @ 3.40GHz
32G Kingston DDR4 2133 ECC Unbuffered
6 x 1tb wd black Raidz2

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
if your Plex server is working fine and you can use the web interface, I would leave it alone. The jail system is a hack and having issues is routine. I would only deal with it if Plex is unusable, and it should like it works fine since you can connect to it's web page.

I would wait until you had to do a Plex update, then you can use the jail interface to remove it, remove the data set using the dataset GUI. Then do a clean install of Plex.

Putting it off as long as you can is a good idea because the docker idea is a superior solution. Updates still don't work, but since there is no data inside the docker container, destroying and installing new is not a big deal once you remember to fill in all of the little boxes correctly.

SavageAUS

Patron
Yeah i miss docker. Ill leave it alone until the next update and / or docker support in 11. Even a vm running docker is better than jails/plugins.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
if your Plex server is working fine and you can use the web interface, I would leave it alone. The jail system is a hack and having issues is routine.
I don't agree with any of this. I ran the plugin using the manual PMS_Updater script to keep it up to date for over a year without issues. The jail system is not a "hack" and has been in place in FreeBSD for many years now. Also if everything is working as it should menu items shouldn't disappear.
docker idea is a superior solution
I don't agree and you give the perfect explanation as why,
Updates still don't work
completely contradicting yourself.

@SavageAUS can you start and stop the service from the Jail CLI? plexmediaserver restart ?

Your system specs look fine, what are you using for a boot device?

Mlovelace

Guru
You can try reloading the freeNAS GUI by ssh'ing into the server and running these commands.
Code:
service nginx restart
service django restart

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I'm wondering if it's a boot device with a corrupt installation (I'm looking at you USB). You usually only see this type of thing from a low (under minimum) spec system.

SavageAUS

Patron
I have 2 SanDisk cruiser fits 16gb in mirror for boot.

SavageAUS

Patron

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Click on the jails tab and open the jail CLI from the link in the bottom row of the GUI.

SavageAUS

Patron
And the command is plexmediaserver restart?

SavageAUS

Patron
Code:
service plexmediaserver restart
That didnt work just stalled at stopping pid XXXX
I just bit the bullet and deleted the plugin and reinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.