Late to the party

Status
Not open for further replies.

static

Cadet
Hi guys!

I don't know how I only recently heard of FreeNAS... I've been active in the *BSD & Linux community since 2002. I have my RHCSA (I use RHEL at work), working on my RHCE & BSDA. At home I actively use FreeBSD, OpenBSD, pfSense, ubuntu server & desktop, Debian, and of course, now FreeNAS.

I can't believe how awesome FreeNAS is! I recently set it up on my sister's old computer so that they can now a) have a backup solution for all their photos, thanks to bacula; and b) have transmission download all the media they need and serve it up with Plex. What an amazing setup - they aren't computer saavy and were completely blown away once it was all in place.

If the FreeNAS community is half as cool as FreeNAS itself, I'm really going to like it here :)

----

Somewhat unrelated: Is anyone coming to Ottawa for BSDCan this year? There's some great tutorials and talks lined up if you look at the schedule. If you are planning on coming, I hope I get to meet you! Hit me up if you need any travel or tourist info for Ottawa (or, considering you're only 2 hours away from it, Montreal too). Both are beautiful cities with tons to see and more beer than you can handle!

Cheers,
-static

D

dlavigne

Somewhat unrelated: Is anyone coming to Ottawa for BSDCan this year? There's some great tutorials and talks lined up if you look at the schedule. If you are planning on coming, I hope I get to meet you! Hit me up if you need any travel or tourist info for Ottawa (or, considering you're only 2 hours away from it, Montreal too). Both are beautiful cities with tons to see and more beer than you can handle!

Yup :smile: Good luck on the BSDA!

Hyperion

Dabbler
Welcome to the BDSM community

Status
Not open for further replies.