Kubernetes service is not running Docker not running

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
No, but you should be using 22.02.4 the follow "forum rules"

linearg

Cadet
sorry little frustrated with this I do have 22.02.4 installed everything else works tried the suggested solutions about choosing the pool unset the pool nothing works. Is there a config file somewhere that is from my old instance of 22.02.04 that needs to be updated or changed.
Under system setting (advanced) there is no Kubernetes-Docker box.

Daisuke

Contributor
Where is your ix-applications dataset, into what pool? When you go to Available Applications > Settings, can you migrate the dataset to a different pool? Ideally, your apps should run on a dedicated software pool of dual SSDs.

1670221686403.png

I remember other users reporting the same issue and one way to fix it was the above procedure (see post), or another way was to delete the dataset.

Last edited:

linearg

Cadet
Deleted Pool. Restarted and configured new pool all is well again. Will do the hardware upgrade as suggested soon. Thanks for the help.

Daisuke

Contributor
In my case, the ix-applications dataset is deployed into software pool, which has Auto TRIM pool option enabled due to SSDs usage. I use 2x Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA SSDs, I will probably upgrade to Samsung PM883 SSD series, in the future.

Code:
# zpool list software
NAME       SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
software   460G  26.8G   433G        -         -     8%     5%  1.00x    ONLINE  /mnt

As you can see, plenty of space left. Wear is at 96% (0% considered worst, soon to fail), after one year and half:
Code:
# smartctl -a /dev/sdj | egrep 'FLAG|Wear'
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
177 Wear_Leveling_Count     0x0013   096   096   000    Pre-fail  Always       -       81

I created two datasets into software pool:
  • opt - stores temporary files used by several applications
  • uranus - stores the application backups, linked to a private GitHub repo (named from my Scale server hostname, to avoid insanities)
1662688960397.png

Take a look at My TrueNAS Scale Build how everything is setup.

Last edited: