Jails/.wrden-template-standard dataset suddenly appeared?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippyr4

Cadet
Hi all,

I am experimenting with freenas at the moment, to see if i like it and it suits my needs.

I've stuck 3 old disks in my n54l microserver. i have 10 GB non ecc ram, and RaidZ1 at the moment. Please, no lectures on raidz1, if i choose to fully switch to freenas I intend to buy 4 brand new disks for a raidz2 array.

I setup my zpool, shares, and I added two jails - one for logitech media server and one for plex. I used the standard template for both.

Everything worked ok.

Then, I attempted to simulate what would happen in the event of a disk failure (NONE of my data matters, I'm just playing at the moment). So I removed one of the disks from the server (they are hot swappable).

I then readded the disk, wiped it and used freenas to "replace" the missing disk, and let resilvering finish. It finished with an error in a file - a log file inside the plex jail dataset.

I removed that plex jail, and the error didn't disappear but the report of the error in zpool status -v changed to a inode number rather than a filename.

So then I triggered a scrub, which completed, and fixed the error.

However, now, in storage, there is a new entry in the dataset list, that was not there before. Under my "jails" dataset, there is one called "Jails/.warden-template-standard".

I can't delete it - i get "cannot destroy 'zpool0/Jails/.warden-template-standard': filesystem has dependent clones use '-R' to destroy the following datasets: zpool0/Jails/squeezebox"

What it is, and why did it suddenly appear?

thanks

slip

Whattteva

Wizard
That dataset is a template that first gets built when you first create a plugins jail.
IIRC, when you create a new plugin jail, it will be created from a snapshot of that template dataset. Hence, you cannot delete it until you delete all jails which are dependent on it, which in your case is squeezebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.