Jails don't restart after upgrade

xaser

Dabbler
Hi all,

I recently had some issues with my freenas server (it was running off of a USB stick), version 11.2-U6 so I decided to backup the config, install a fresh system (11.3-U1) and load the config back up. I only had 1 jail on the old system, but it took me a while to configure it (it connects to a VPN and runs SABnzbd etc.). I know the jail is located in the pool, but I cannot see it in the Jails tab in the UGI. I am not sure exactly what needs to be done to locate and start the jail, so I would really appreciate your help. The pools is called tank2 and I see a "jails" dataset with "sabnzbd_1" underneath it in UGI.

Thanks!!

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Try iocage activate <your pool> first.

xaser

Dabbler
I should mention that my 11.2-U6 install was an upgrade from a 9.3 version (and the jail/plugins were never listed in the UGI, they just loaded automatically in the background). Not sure if that helps...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Are these legacy (warden) jails? They were deprecated in 11 and support finally removed in 11.3. This is pretty explicit in the docs ...

ornias

Wizard
Are these legacy (warden) jails? They were deprecated in 11 and support finally removed in 11.3. This is pretty explicit in the docs ...

It indeed seems likely to be warden jails, as he uses jls, which isn't even included in 11.3 afaik... (or at least not actually working)

xaser

Dabbler
Thanks guys! I installed a fresh copy of 11.2-U6 and it works perfectly. Much appreciated!

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
It indeed seems likely to be warden jails, as he uses jls, which isn't even included in 11.3 afaik... (or at least not actually working)
It should be included and working as it's part of the base system, but it only lists running jails since the base system has no concept of jail management until a jail is started on a particular directory ...

ornias

Wizard
It should be included and working as it's part of the base system, but it only lists running jails since the base system has no concept of jail management until a jail is started on a particular directory ...
Interesting, thanks for the explaination... Never was much of a (stock) BSD guy...
Never too old to learn ;)