Jail Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmlfrew

Cadet
Hi,

I recently installed FreeNAS 9.2.0. I have installed the SabNzb plugin via plugins in the GUI and a jail has automatically be created. I have set the network Global Configuration and used DHCP. However when I go to the configuration page of SabNzb and try to connect to my usenet server I got an error message "Incorrect server name."

Within the jail I cannot ping my gateway. I can however ping any of the devices on my LAN. If I do a netstat -rn command I get "no namelist". I have re-installed sabnzb twice and it still does not work.
Everything from shell in the freenas is fine however.

Anybody help me out?

Thanks

Paul

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Good luck with that. Unless you can actually identify the bug it'll get closed. The reasons I didn't respond is because:

1. You gave no information except "its broke"
2. You failed to include your hardware configuration or your network topology that would aid in troubleshooting.
3. You really didn't even say what was wrong with sabnzbd(which.. by the way, we don't support here!) The sabnzbd forum is elsewhere.... this is the FreeNAS forums.

Like I said.. good luck.

pmlfrew

Cadet
Good luck with that. Unless you can actually identify the bug it'll get closed. The reasons I didn't respond is because:

1. You gave no information except "its broke"
2. You failed to include your hardware configuration or your network topology that would aid in troubleshooting.
3. You really didn't even say what was wrong with sabnzbd(which.. by the way, we don't support here!) The sabnzbd forum is elsewhere.... this is the FreeNAS forums.

Like I said.. good luck.

Interesting response you have given and I could reply in numerous ways but let's just go with your little game shall we?

Hardware - HP Compaq 8200 Elite
CPU - Intel i7 2600
Ram - 16GB
NIC - Intel 82579LM GbE
Intel Q67 Chipset

PC - 8 port gigabit switch - Virgin Media Hub router

All other PC's connected to switch can access Internet fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.