iTunes Media Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasEx

Dabbler
I have been having some intermittent issues with iTunes. I have the iTunes Media location pointed to my CIFS share and the folder within my user's home folder. I am able to add new files within iTunes to the share by dragging them into the window but downloads cause errors and I am unable to download purchases to the NAS.

The one thing I noticed after digging around and now being able to delete the download files is that they are said to be "in-use" or an error occurs but the permissions for each directory are set as "drw-rwxrwx"

if I change them to "drwxrwxrwx" I am then able to delete the failed downloads. The user in question is part of both the "Home" and Wheel groups. The "home" group is the owner of this folder.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't know if this is a permissions issue, a share issue or a compatibility issue with iTunes. I am still a bit of a newb but I am proficient enough to mess around in the CLI and tinker a bit (could be some of the problems)

Thanks

TexasEx

Dabbler
Is anyone able to help? It isn't the end of the world as I can manually add the songs to iTunes and they are copied into the correct folder but it is a pain to add these extra steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.