Issues installing plugins 11.3 and 11.3U1

majerus

Contributor
I was on 11.3 and tried to install Emby, Jenkins and Nextcloud. All got to 50% then hung, so after waiting about 20 minutes I deleted them via the UI, then updated FreeNAS to 11.3u1. Following that upgrade I removed the iocage dataset where the plugins lived just to make sure everything was cleaned up.

I navigated to the plugins page on FreeNAS webui, and it asked where would I like to configure plugin storage. I selected my pool and it created an Iocage dataset as expected. I then attempted to install both emby, and jenkins and they both failed with a 'no such file or directory error'

Anyone have an idea what I should do here? The directory path is there however nothing is in the direcotirys below /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins

Error:
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1504, in _clone_repo
    repo = git.Repo(destination)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 131, in __init__
    raise NoSuchPathError(epath)
git.exc.NoSuchPathError: /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method
    io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1091, in _call
    return await run_method(methodobj, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1015, in _run_in_conn_threadpool
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__ws_threadpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1003, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 452, in defaults
    plugins_obj.pull_clone_git_repo()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 133, in pull_clone_git_repo
    depth, self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1569, in _clone_repo
    k: v for k, v in kwargs.items() if v
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 988, in clone_from
    return cls._clone(git, url, to_path, GitCmdObjectDB, progress, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 939, in _clone
    finalize_process(proc, stderr=stderr)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/util.py", line 333, in finalize_process
    proc.wait(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 415, in wait
    raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
  cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git
  stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...
POST git-upload-pack (527 bytes)
fatal: unable to open /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/.git/objects/pack/tmp_pack_GdroWf: No such file or directory
fatal: index-pack failed

majerus

Contributor
Permissions of /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage

Code:
ls -lha /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/
total 30
drwxr-xr-x   9 root  wheel    11B Mar 15 00:12 .
drwxr-xr-x  10 root  wheel    10B Mar 15 00:12 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel     2B Mar 15 00:14 .plugins
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel   3.3K Mar 15 00:12 defaults_backup.json
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel   3.2K Mar 15 00:12 defaults.json
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel     2B Mar 15 00:12 download

majerus

Contributor
Figured it out..

I installed a new instance of freenas in my lab, and ran though the same steps and plugin install failed in the same way.

I cd to the /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins and there was nothing in the directory. I then ran the command

git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/SSD_Luda/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git

Once I did that I see all the files for describing the plugins. After that I then installed from the UI without a problem.

So this issue can be resolved simply by pressing the 'refresh index' button on freenas webui. I am going to file a bug for this since I belive this is something that FreeNAS should just handle, and its not clear that the 'cache' needs refreshed when in the UI all of the plugins are showing up.