Get Plugins Failed

KevJamo

Cadet
When I click plugins I get the following error, any help would be amazing.

[EFAULT] Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Plex/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Plex/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'... error: chmod on /mnt/Plex/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/.git/config.lock failed: Operation not permitted fatal: could not set 'core.filemode' to 'false' '

MORE:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 393, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1154, in run_in_thread
return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1151, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 372, in available
return self.middleware.call_sync('plugin.available_impl', options).wait_sync(raise_error=True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 326, in wait_sync
raise CallError(self.error)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Plex/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git
stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Plex/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...
error: chmod on /mnt/Plex/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/.git/config.lock failed: Operation not permitted
fatal: could not set 'core.filemode' to 'false'
'

Alecmascot

Guru
Do you have any jails or plugins installed ?

Davvo

MVP

danb35

Hall of Famer

KevJamo

Cadet
Do you have any jails or plugins installed ?
I have a plex jail/plugin installed :(

See also:
Damn. Looks like I need to find an alternative to TrueNAS...

Alecmascot

Guru
I have a plex jail/plugin installed :(

Damn. Looks like I need to find an alternative to TrueNAS...
I was going to suggest that you deleted and recreated the iocage dataset. But If you already have a plugin running that that would probably break it.
As others are saying : install the apps you want to jails rather than using the plugin system. You will find guides for this for most popular apps.

Baenwort

Explorer
You can also try a ticket with the JIRA system via the 'System Tab' and then to 'Support' and see if the developers can spot the cause of the permissions bug. The error code you give above seems to indicate that one of the system files has managed to get the wrong permissions (the chmod line) and the plugin system can't handle the error.

I maintain a few of the community plug-ins (and unlike some I'm not giving up) but I will acknowledge that the plug-in system has gone down hill since the new owners took over. They have started to reverse course (All my pull requests in the last two weeks have gotten merged with-in two days of submittal) and we will see if things can keep improving after the holidays.