Issue with updating Plex

yammers

Cadet
I have the latest version of scale, however when trying to update plex i keep getting the error message below and I do not know how to fix it. Any suggestions. I do not want to go down the route of deleting plex and starting again as I end up having to rename some files which can be a ball ake.

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/helm.py", line 44, in helm_action raise CallError(f'Failed to {tn_action} chart release: {stderr.decode()}') middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to upgrade chart release: Error: UPGRADE FAILED: cannot patch "plex" with kind Deployment: Deployment.apps "plex" is invalid: spec.template.spec.containers[0].env[2].name: Required value.

stergio

Dabbler
I am getting this error when I go back in to update some changes to Plex:
Stop the plex app and go to edit:
1708281402808.png

Noticed that these settings are blanked out so you cant change this:
1708281463728.png

When I click save with no changes I get this error:
1708281514057.png

Error: [EINVAL] values.plexStorage.data.hostPathConfig.hostPath: attribute required [EINVAL] values.plexStorage.config.hostPathConfig.hostPath: attribute required [EINVAL] values.plexStorage.transcode.hostPathConfig.hostPath: attribute required

What is going on?!!

This version of Truenas is a PITA, feel like this a bug????:
1708281575845.png

stergio

Dabbler
I wonder if this thread is monitored, haven't seen any responses only more questions, looks like it is in the right place.

madsci1016

Dabbler
What the crap, i updated and not have this exact issue. Can't edit my setup, can't click on or change those fields. What happened?

madsci1016

Dabbler
Which version did you update to?
Whatever the newest Plex app version is. Truenas Scale was up to date on the Bluefin branch

But i think i'm on the road to figuring this out. I switched TrueNas scale to the Cobia branch and updated, and it completely changed the app setting gui, and i can edit paths again and see the new Set ACL options too. But it lost my original settings for my paths, so i'm currently trying to recreate from memory.

This seems like it's some bug if you update the apps while on the Bluefin branch, then the settings GUI breaks.

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
I'm not sure what you updated from originally, but I suspect this might be to do with the changes to hostpath validation which were made in BlueFin, these were then removed from Cobia based on user feedback.

madsci1016

Dabbler
I am getting this error when I go back in to update some changes to Plex:
Stop the plex app and go to edit:
View attachment 75822

Noticed that these settings are blanked out so you cant change this:
View attachment 75823

When I click save with no changes I get this error:
View attachment 75824

Error: [EINVAL] values.plexStorage.data.hostPathConfig.hostPath: attribute required [EINVAL] values.plexStorage.config.hostPathConfig.hostPath: attribute required [EINVAL] values.plexStorage.transcode.hostPathConfig.hostPath: attribute required

What is going on?!!

This version of Truenas is a PITA, feel like this a bug????:
View attachment 75825

Can confirm, I could only fix this by updating Truenas Scale to Cobia, Now on TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2 and i can edit my plex config again without those errors. I also had to reboot Truenas a few times after the update to get ti to correctly show my config as well.

UGH

madsci1016

Dabbler
I'm not sure what you updated from originally, but I suspect this might be to do with the changes to hostpath validation which were made in BlueFin, these were then removed from Cobia based on user feedback.

No this is some sort of GUI version bug. I already had path checks disabled, and thos only every affected runtime, not flat out just editing the app settings.

Look @stergio screenshots. There's no way to edit the config after the app update. When you update to Cobia, it now looks like this:

1708720063878.png

Its now no longer missing the path config box.

stergio

Dabbler
well I am on Bluefin TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2 since January 2024. The version of Plex seems to be irrelevant for this issue. upgraded plex twice since moving to bluefin. Not to count the versions prior that I deleted and reinstalled trying to get plex to show my media - epic fail on that part - story for another time. The documentation and insipid dribble on youtube is not helpful.

This is the version of Plex as of today:
1708726046375.png

Been struggling with apps in general for the last couple of months since upgrading from 22.12.3.1.
Have been hoping the next Plex update would fix things, but I fear this is nothing to do with plex.

Bluefin 22.12.4.2 has a lot of issues, not sure how this is go-live ready... Not happy, and I can't go back since upgrading.

Countless hours wasted on trying to figure this out, beyond frustrating.
Starting to think I should have gone with some other NAS, Apps, VM solution...

madsci1016

Dabbler
Bluefin 22.12.4.2 has a lot of issues, not sure how this is go-live ready... Not happy, and I can't go back since upgrading.
So give Cobia a try? Thats what fixed it for me.

Since Cobia was a GUI overhaul it really feels like this was a missed backwards compatibility bug in the GUI itself.

stergio

Dabbler
So give Cobia a try? Thats what fixed it for me.

Since Cobia was a GUI overhaul it really feels like this was a missed backwards compatibility bug in the GUI itself.
Been contemplating that, happy to hear its fixed in that branch; been reading documentation what cobia has deprecated and changed, and how that would effects things the way I have them set up. Otherwise, I get a external drive and transfer things there as a temp, take screen grabs of the config, and I stand up the old system, and transfer the nas files back.

Both seem like a lot of wasted down time, and frustration.

Oh and here is a nice nugget on a separate topic. Everyone says create initial login as admin, but no one knows why.... Well a lot will get a rude awakening when this actually happens:

1708728478026.png

Last edited: