Issue with Tdarr

dontplexonme

Dabbler
I’ve been trying to get Tdarr working on my TrueNAS scale server with both server and node using the truecharts version.

However I’m not having any luck. It either does not deploy if I set my user account to the account I have ACL permissions to (all my other containers can read and write to the directory however) or it will deploy but not show any media files (using user 0, which is default)

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve applied permissions Reclusively to the user, used my main user, and still can’t get it to run properly.

Just wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks!

mervincm

Contributor
TrueCharts sets the user to 0 (root) if (and only if) they found it needs root access to function. Sometimes it is not obvious why that might be true, but that's what they will tell you. if they have it set to 0, then leave it that way is what I have found. Maybe take a look at why root user doesn't have access to your media?

dontplexonme

Dabbler
TrueCharts sets the user to 0 (root) if (and only if) they found it needs root access to function. Sometimes it is not obvious why that might be true, but that's what they will tell you. if they have it set to 0, then leave it that way is what I have found. Maybe take a look at why root user doesn't have access to your media?
Okay good point, ill leave the user as Root (0).

I checked the media directory permissions (as its set with ACL and SMB Share) and the Group owner was the user and not root with the modify permission. I changed the group owner to root and changed permissions to Full Access on the group. Will see if that solved my issue and report back once im off work.

Thanks!

mervincm

Contributor
What I find works best (so far) for media is

/data/media/movies

owner user would be the app that manages them, say radarr
owner group to be a shared group just for this, say media.
I then put all the accounts that need access to media in the media group.
so my plex, sonarr, radar, etc IDs go into the media group

dontplexonme

Dabbler
What I find works best (so far) for media is

/data/media/movies

owner user would be the app that manages them, say radarr
owner group to be a shared group just for this, say media.
I then put all the accounts that need access to media in the media group.
so my plex, sonarr, radar, etc IDs go into the media group
So I managed to get the server to see the files.

However now my transcodes are all failing and none of them are succeeding and I have one master and two nodes including my desktop pc. Originally it was due to nvenc so I disabled that and just went back to h265 with no audio and still is failing

Not sure what I’m doing wrong ?

I’ve attached the most recent log that failed