Issue Installing Plugin on Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepers183

Dabbler
Let me preface by saying one day i'm really going to love FreeNAS and it is going to answer all of my storage/home server needs. Unfortunately that time isn't now.

So I joined my FreeNAS to to my active directory domain (after adding my DC DNS), It's listed under Users & Computers, I was able to change my permissions to Windows and even add my AD Users and groups. I went as far as setting up roaming profiles and home directories on a share that lives on FreeNAS.
Everything was going great until my roomate text me and asked if we could watch a movie on the xbox tonight. Absolutly! The server is running great. I checked my Plex plugin and it wasnt running, to start it and got an error. Ok. Must be where i switched permissions to Windows. I removed the plugins, deleted the jails, tried to reinstall.
Hmm, ok lets do a factory restore and see if that fixes it. Reconfigured everything tried again and got a "Exception Value: format requires a mapping" Error. Fired up google and found a bug request, everyone said DNS issue, umm ok. Changed my DNS from my DC to my Router tried again "Exception Value: format requires a mapping". Well this is annoying.
Factory restore again, try to install and boom it starts installing.

Obviously i still have a little testing to do to see exactly which step causes it to bomb out but the way it is acting it's almost like it can't communicate with itself (I downloaded the PBI of Plex and it bombed out on the uploading step). I went as far as manually adding a DNS entry on my DC to the FQDN and Netbois name.

So does anyone have any experience with this specific issue?

PS: I'm using yesterday's 1/28/13 nightly build of 9.2.1.

Jeepers183

Dabbler
I found my issue but will leave this up in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

I had shared the root of my volume as a CIFS share, my jails lived on this volume. Once i switched the share to an actual directory (That the Jails are not in) everything cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.