FreeNAS as a Samba DC, no IPv4 PTR records get created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

I'm fairly new to FreeNAS and I find it to be a great product! Anyway, I have recently installed 9.10 to try FreeNAS and played with it a little and then I have upgraded yesterday to 9.10.1-U2. I have decided to install a VMware vsphere enviroment on it and took the chance and create a DC on FreeNAS.
I have setup the reverse zone on the DNS, and in preparation for VMware vCenter installation I have created a DNS entry and made sure create PTR is checked, and it got created no complaints.

After installing vCenter, I have then spent the whole day trying to figure out why wouldn't some vCenter services start and then I figured it might be worth checking the reverse DNS entry since it could be the reason, and to my surprise it wasn't there. I have tried creating some new A records while making sure create PTR is checked but it doesn't get created either.

I have created the entries I need manually, which is OK really but I was wondering if anyone faced the same issue, or perhaps can give some insight.

Thanks

Omar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.