iscsi "you do not have permission to access..."

stevenba

Cadet
As I am very new to freenas, and this forum, please excuse any unintentional breach of protocol or incorrect forum choice in this post.

I successfully created an iscsi zvol on FreeNAS-11.2-U6 and CAN access it read/write from win 10 machine APC as the F drive.
I am trying to access it via only the APC machine.
I used the defaults when creating the zvol except added write permission for group and used the default user and group.
On the directory, 'desired' I created on F, I marked it 'shared' and gave 3 'groups' full access permission.
I created shortcuts to 'desired' on APC's desktop.
I have no problems accessing F from the APC machine.
I can see and access APC and its shares over the LAN.

Problem: When accessing APC over the network, although I can access shares on the C drive, I CANNOT access the F drive. I get 'you do not have permission to access...'
I did not see anything of note in /var/log/messages or /var/log/auth.log

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Steve

P.S. If it helps, the reason I'm trying to do this is because APC runs as a server on a very small LAN and currently runs 'desired' on its C drive.
I want to move it to freenas on F to take advantage of freenas including snapshots etc.

stevenba

Cadet
Unfortunately, no. However, thank you for your response.
I suspect a microsoft issue, but one I cannot seem to resolve.

stevenba

Cadet
Hello dlavigne -- a follow up
I had not tiried working on this issue since I posted the original question. I just tried it and, not unsurprisingly with MS, it worked!! No change on my part: none at all. I only wish I knew what changed.
Thanks again for your response.