SMB no access. you do not have permission

Andrej47

Dabbler
My co-worker was creating a new share; somehow after she saved it, everyone lost connection to all the shares that existed before.

when we try to connect from the mac we get an error "There was a problem connecting to access this server" You do not have permission to access this server"

I added a new group, new user, new share and still got the same error.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
My co-worker was creating a new share; somehow after she saved it, everyone lost connection to all the shares that existed before.

when we try to connect from the mac we get an error "There was a problem connecting to access this server" You do not have permission to access this server"

I added a new group, new user, new share and still got the same error.
What version of FreeNAS?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I just tried afp with a brand new user/group/share and still could not connect
Most likely your co-worker cut off permissions for all users at a common path (possibly the pool itself). What's the output of "getfacl /mnt/tank"? (assuming tank is the name of your pool).

Andrej47

Dabbler
maybe
Most likely your co-worker cut off permissions for all users at a common path (possibly the pool itself). What's the output of "getfacl /mnt/tank"? (assuming tank is the name of your pool).

i used the command shell on the NAS, and typed getfacl /mnt/PoolA

i got a reply stat () failed: No such file or directory

Andrej47

Dabbler
ok, must of done something wrong the first time..here us the output

Attachments

• jup1.png
    jup1.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 611

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Looks like the colleague had "apply default permissions" checked when creating the SMB pointing to /mnt/PoolA. You might be able to restore access by running the command setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc:fd:allow /mnt/PoolA, but if permissions were set recursively, then you will probably a big job ahead fixing them.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You can verify my hypothesis if you haven't rebooted since the issue started by running the command midclt call core.get_jobs | jq | less in an SSH session. This will allow you to scroll through the list of middleware jobs that have been run using arrow keys. You're looking for one called "apply_default_perms". It should also include the path passed into it.

Andrej47

Dabbler
You can verify my hypothesis if you haven't rebooted since the issue started by running the command midclt call core.get_jobs | jq | less in an SSH session. This will allow you to scroll through the list of middleware jobs that have been run using arrow keys. You're looking for one called "apply_default_perms". It should also include the path passed into it.
im trying to ssh in on port 22..not letting me in