iSCSI target - reload service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a brand new FreeNAS-server for iscsi use.
I have set up an iscsi target, called target1, which I connect to using Windows Server 2016.
It works without any problems at all.

Then, I added target2, target3, target4. None of these are visible in my iSCSI initiatior, even if I rescan the iscsi portal.

All targets (extents) are file-based.

Do I have to reload the iscsi service?
How do I do that, without interrupting the existing connection to target1?

My old non-FreeNAS server used debian.
In that Environment I could add/remove iscsi targets with the ietadm utility.
I am trying to achieve the same functionality with FreeNAS.

All comments/suggestions/ideas are appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

Which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

D

dlavigne

You shouldn't have to restart the service. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org, attach your system debug (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug), and post the issue number here. The ticket will be hidden from other users until the dev has a chance to see if it is a configuration issue or an issue with the initiator.

Forget this. I DID have the problem ONCE on -U3, but after restarting iSCSI service ONCE, it seems I can now add new targets and the clients will see them.

[This is weird, because almost a year later I'm on 11.0-U3 and it behaves just like Thomas described with -U2. (A fellow Swede, it would seem too :) ) I started with 1 target, it mounted fine in ESXi, then added another target and no other clients, including ESXi, could see them. Restarted the service - fixed it.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.