iSCSI not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

smulvenon

Cadet
Hi there! Thanks for reading!

I am fairly new to FreeNAS, but have liked it very much so far.

I setup my system to present an iscsi target to my virtual host, so that I can store the larger files over there. I have a couple of VHDs over there and they have been working great. That is until the other day. My host lost connection to the freenas box through iscsi.

I thought I was having an issue with the network, so I have been through the entire setup and everything seems correct. I added another adapter to the iscsi portal and even resetup the portals completely, but all I get is that the "Connection Failed" and that the system is "Inactive"

I even installed isns on my host (windows 2012r2) and registered both FreeNAS and the host. That is where I get the inactive note.

When I tell it to connect it claims that no "target portal available to complete the login"

Thoughts? Things to try? I dont really want to lose the VHDs, but it wont be the end of the world if I do.

Let me know what else I can post, or upload (and how to get/find the requested info) and I will be happy to do so.

Thanks!
-Sean

Important info:
Build FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
Memory 12231MB

smulvenon

Cadet
Oh! and my SMB and FTP targets are still fine.
Yes, the iscsi service on FreeNAS is running.
Yes I have rebooted, everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

smulvenon

Cadet
Well, I solved it, here was the problem:
Somehow the iscsi targets lost the Portal and Initiator group IDs. Once I selected the proper group the initiator and everything started working again.

Not sure why those disapeared... But maybe this post will help someone else in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.