iSCSI Easy Guide to Follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel.p

Cadet
Hi Ladies and Gents ,

i am relatively new to the Freenas Scene but require a helping hand getting
iSCSI figured out .

Is there an easy guide anyone can point me to .

jgreco

Resident Grinch
There isn't really an easy guide aside from the manual. Do note that the process of setting up iSCSI involves going back and forth between a number of tabs (and is probably complicated on the client side as well). Following the instructions in the manual is expected to result in a successful basic configuration.

DataKeeper

Patron
I have Freenas running within a VirtualBox. Reading the manual I was able to create the setup for an iscsi share on the freenas server then hit 2 Windows laptops running Win7/Win8.1 and complete the setup there. Only took about 10 minutes and seemed to be pretty straight forward. I'd never setup iscsi before and thought it was pretty darn neat really, especially with some of the options it provides over Samba which I'm more familiar with running from a Debian server.

While I said straight forward, it should be mentioned there are a number of steps involved and they don't seem to be organized in a common sense way, to me anyways. That said, from a first time setup, following the instructions, it wasn't difficult.

There were a few YouTube videos available to watch and follow along with as well.

Daniel.p

Cadet
I have Freenas running within a VirtualBox. Reading the manual I was able to create the setup for an iscsi share on the freenas server then hit 2 Windows laptops running Win7/Win8.1 and complete the setup there. Only took about 10 minutes and seemed to be pretty straight forward. I'd never setup iscsi before and thought it was pretty darn neat really, especially with some of the options it provides over Samba which I'm more familiar with running from a Debian server.

While I said straight forward, it should be mentioned there are a number of steps involved and they don't seem to be organized in a common sense way, to me anyways. That said, from a first time setup, following the instructions, it wasn't difficult.

There were a few YouTube videos available to watch and follow along with as well.

Mate thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.