iSCSI Disks Appear as Not Initialized After Windows Wakes from Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbx84

Cadet
I first noticed this problem after upgrading to 9.10 from 9.3. I have several iSCSI targets mounted on a Windows 7 PC. After the PC has been asleep for several hours and is woken up, all of the iSCSI targets show as Connected in Windows iSCSI Initiator Properties, but all of the disks appear as Not Initialized in Window's Disk Management. The output of ctladm islist lists all initiators as connected.

I tested this on several Windows 7 computers with the same result. The only way to get the disks to work again is to restart the iSCSI service on FreeNAS. Even then, the disks may end up mounted as read only.

I realize that most servers will never go to sleep, but I have a Windows 7 Media Center computer used to record TV. It wakes, records and goes back to sleep, a process that worked fine with FreeNAS 9.2.x and 9.3.x. WMC will only record to what it thinks are local disks, thus iSCSI.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Have you searched the bug reports yet? If this worked fine in 9.3 and fails in 9.10.1-U1 then you should submit a bug report. And then you might want to roll back to 9.3 and wait for the problem to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.