Is there a port of TrueNAS to ReadyNAS Duo v2?

TonyK1321

Cadet
I have an old ReadyNAS Duo v2 that I would like to bring up to date with latest security, etc. Is there a ready-to-use port of TrueNAS that I can use?

LarsR

Guru
just googled the specs real quick and 1 core and 256mb ram are definitly too low specs to use truenas.
Truenas requires a minimum of 8gb ram.
Additionaly i doubt you could install truenas since most oem Nas boxes have a locked bios and no option to flash it

danb35

Hall of Famer
AFAIK, there are no ports of TrueNAS; it's designed to (and does) run only on x64 hardware with at least 8 GB of RAM, and that otherwise meets the documented requirements.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Honestly, you'd be better off building a new NAS and copying the data over. The ReadyNAS Duo v2 runs an ARM single-core CPU. Some folks report success installing the ARM build of Debian on it. See https://static.senpai.club/upgrade-readynas-duo-v2-to-latest-debian/, but this isn't for the faint-hearted, as it requires compiling a custom Debian kernel to fit within the 256 MB RAM, soldering in a USB thumb drive for additional OS storage, and having the technical chops to unbrick via JTAG.