Is Plex dead on FreeBSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scareh

Contributor
I use raspberry's where you use NUC's, much cheaper that way :p

no in all seriousness: both kodi and plex are available for raspberry's. Rasplex on your raspberry works like a dream to me.
I've hooked it up to the usb port on my TV for it's power, so when i start my tv, my raspberry gets booted aswell. Same for turning my tv off.
Not the cleanest process, but in 3 years i havn't had to reinstall yet...
When plex get's booted from freebsd i'll probably move to kodi again since i can just offer the data via smb/nfs to my plex.
It's a bit slower since the processing power is on the raspberry instead of the server, but it still works.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
My experience with Rpi and Rasplex has been totally opposite. Corrupt file system with just one or 2 hard resets, buggy Rasplex not working correctly. For now PMP on my Rpi stays on all the time and I have no issues with it.

Kodi works good but I have to keep it simple and familiar for the warden and jr or they will never be able to run the TV.

Scareh

Contributor
My experience with Rpi and Rasplex has been totally opposite. Corrupt file system with just one or 2 hard resets, buggy Rasplex not working correctly. For now PMP on my Rpi stays on all the time and I have no issues with it.

Kodi works good but I have to keep it simple and familiar for the warden and jr or they will never be able to run the TV.

damn either i'm extremely lucky or you're verry unlucky :/

i bought a infrared dongle and a remote control for like 5€/$ so the wife is happy to be able to control rasplex that way. Easy enough to understand and use for her.
I would use the raspberry to boot from the network instead of from the sd card, maybe that'll corrupt stuff less jailer. I'll see if i can find the link later on.

joeschmuck

Old Man
damn either i'm extremely lucky or you're verry unlucky :/

i bought a infrared dongle and a remote control for like 5€/$ so the wife is happy to be able to control rasplex that way. Easy enough to understand and use for her.
I would use the raspberry to boot from the network instead of from the sd card, maybe that'll corrupt stuff less jailer. I'll see if i can find the link later on.
I'd be interested in that link as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.