Freenas 10 bhyve : is good old transmission plugin dead ?

Torrenting software of choice:

• rutorrent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • deluge

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • transmission

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • utorrent

• qbittorrent

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kriegalex

Dabbler
Hi,

With Freenas 10 RELEASE around the corner (we hope), I was wondering if you would take advantage of the new bhyve capabilities to move away from the default transmission plugin that probably most people use for torrenting in Freenas 9 ?

What are you using and what do you plan to use (and maybe why) ? VM, docker, deluge, rutorrent, stick to transmission, ... ? It's always good to have the best software to share your Linux distributions ISOs with the world !

Does anyone plan on maintaining a docker or some sort of container ready to use ?

J

jkh

Does anyone plan on maintaining a docker or some sort of container ready to use ?
We already do! Check out FreeNAS 10 and you'll find a transmission docker container in the /r/freenas collection (available by default) all ready to go!

kriegalex

Dabbler
We already do! Check out FreeNAS 10 and you'll find a transmission docker container in the /r/FreeNAS collection (available by default) all ready to go!
I will try to create a docker for Freenas based on linuxserver/rutorrent and linuxserver/deluge, but if someone is more comfortable with it, go ahead :)

EDIT: mentionned dockers and transmission docker might need some tweaking to directly add support for OpenVPN connection, as I think a lot of us added OpenVPN in the jail

Last edited:
J

jkh

EDIT: mentionned dockers and transmission docker might need some tweaking to directly add support for OpenVPN connection, as I think a lot of us added OpenVPN in the jail
You don't need to do that with FreeNAS 10. It already provides a system-wide OpenVPN service, through which one could then access VMs and Containers as necessary.

kriegalex

Dabbler
You don't need to do that with FreeNAS 10. It already provides a system-wide OpenVPN service, through which one could then access VMs and Containers as necessary.
Oh, so you could say "make container X from VM A and container Y from VM B go through VPN but not container Z from VM C"

kriegalex

Dabbler
You don't need to do that with FreeNAS 10. It already provides a system-wide OpenVPN service
Is this already available ? I saw in another post that some guide will be written in the near future on the forum regarding OpenVPN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.