Is it possible to perform an upgrade using file locally present on TrueNAS server?

Hello,

I'm configuring a TrueNAS server with a pretty good internet connection, from a slow home connection on the other side of the planet. When I initiate an upgrade (TrueNAS-22.12.3.2 -> TrueNAS-22.12.3.3) using the "download updates" button in the UI, the patch file downloads at a terribly slow speed (few bytes/sec), taking forever and always failing after a couple hours. I'm certain that the server could download much faster, because when I run wget in a shell on the server to fetch the update image, it downloads at several MB/s. As my home connection is also pretty slow, a "manual update" (i.e. downloading to home PC and uploading to the server) would be a poor choice. Is there a way to use the file I downloaded with wget that's sitting in a folder on the server anyway to perform the update? The UI doesn't seem to support that, but I was wondering if it could be achieved in some way, e.g. via a shell command?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Depending on what file you downloaded... you need the manual update file.

Just grab it from your server and use it in the browser/GUI.

Depending on what file you downloaded... you need the manual update file.

Just grab it from your server and use it in the browser/GUI.
Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly what I was trying to achieve, however, I don't see an option to use a file on the server. "Manual update" opens a file selector window that can pick from local PC content, not the server, or at least I haven't been able to figure out how. Are you certain that it is possible? I can look harder or perhaps you could kindly give me a hint how to do it.

sretalla