Is it possible to convert/move/promote a folder in one dataset to a new dataset?

nasnice

Explorer
Hi I need some help please.
I have a Dataset on my Freenas 11-1-U7 being used for (mainly recording and sharing) my (linux based) Sattelite receivers. The receivers created one directory (movie) inside the dataset where they store all their recordings... In fact over the years it had become a little messy... Used a winbox to organize stuff into subdirs etc... all fine. Now I have succesfully copied that dataset (zfs send and receive with snapshots Thanks to the forum!) to a new dataset (Mediamap) on a new Volume but have a problem with the share... ZFS does not know that there are subdirectories that need to be shared and I cannot get acces from my linux receivers to the above mentioned movie directory that was copied over... According to my Winbox...

So I made a new Dataset movie and now want to copy only the contents of the movie Folder in the dataset Mediamap to the Dataset movie... Without sending everything over the network... Just to share that new movie dataset for the receivers....

Is this doable and/or did I make a mistake in the creation of the share?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You can copy from the CLI using ssh. Data will not go over the network if the datasets are in the same host

cp -R /mnt/source/dataset1 /mnt/target/dataset2

nasnice

Explorer
@sretalla THANKS!
So that would be in my case..
Code:
cp -R /TBN/movie/MediaMap /TBN//movie

I want all files and dir's in the map movie in the dataset MediaMap on the Mnt TBN to go to the root (//) of the dataset movie on the mount TBN...

Correct?

sretalla