IPV6

Status
Not open for further replies.

drinking12many

Contributor
If this has been discussed I couldn't find it, but I cant set a static IPV6 address on a NIC, I have tried setting it as an alias, and from the console menu it either just keeps asking me for the prelen or on the web gui it throw errors. I am using a /64 prelen IPV6 address and I can ping all other ipv6 devices on my network using that configuration. If I add the alias on the Webgui and reopen it even though it errors (invalid argument is the error) It does have the address I attempt to add there but if I do an ifconfig its not. I dont know I saw the note about adding it to the alias in the guide, but I did that and its not working. I'm on 9.10 and otherwise IPV4 and everything else seems to be fine. I do see a link-local address on the loopback though. I could be missing something stupid as I am pretty new to IPV6 and all the other devices I have are either Windows or Linux but I got all them working ok.

Thanks for any help

upload_2017-2-8_17-13-45.png

drinking12many

Contributor
Even though it errored, I rebooted on a what the hell and it started working after a reboot with the static IPV6 assigned address. So maybe the script is erroring on restarting the interface or something but after the reboot it applied and I can ping it etc.

When in doubt reboot I guess like always.

D

dlavigne

You still shouldn't be getting a traceback, though. Do you still have a copy of the full text (or can you recreate it)? If so, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org, include the full traceback text, and post the issue number here.

drinking12many

Contributor
Bug #21007 created for this issue. On my box at least all it takes to recreate it is trying to add a static IPV6 address I get it every time I even open it and hit ok even if I do not modify the current address. IPV6 is still working after a reboot and continues to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.