IPMI log full of errors from before instillation date, what do?

HeroRareheart

Dabbler
I'm a bit stumped here, but this is likely a noob level issue in all honestly. Hopefully I posted this in the right category as well, if I haven't please let me know where to move this or where to make future posts like this. I decided to deal with a notification that's been sitting in the web UI for a "little" while now;

Code:
IPMI System Event Log low space left: 0 bytes (100% used).
2022-10-18 14:40:42 (America/Los_Angeles)

Don't ask why it took me this long to get to it, point is I'm getting to it now. I have no idea what IPMI is and upon a brief internet search and skimming of documentation it's a method of remote management I don't use and don't have the interface for even plugged in. I figured out how to fill the log and it's full of drive failure errors from before this TrueNAS scale instillation and the timestamps indicate it's from the time I was using 3 SSDs in the bay slots with said errors. My questions here are the following;
  1. Is it possible that the timestamps are wrong and 3 of the drives currently in the system have started to fail? If so, how should I check? The system isn't reporting issues anywhere else and is operating as expected.
  2. Should I properly setup the IPMI and make use of it now that I, kinda, know what it is or should I not bother given I have easy physical access to my server?
Attached is the the command run to view the log and terminal output copied over to a text file. The server in question is a Dell 710 and, I believe, I have the specs as my signature, if I don't I'll rectify that immediately upon realizing.

Attachments

• terminal out.txt
    42 KB · Views: 53

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This has nothing to do with your pool. You'll need to web login to the IPMI, and clear its event logs.