iocage dataset disappeared after pool export

jflaplante

Cadet
So... I'm running Truenas 12.0 U6 and I have 2 Pools (let's call them Pool A and Pool B). None are encrypted. Pool A had the iocage dataset and Pool B was newly created. I only had a syncthings plugin configured and I uninstalled it before doing anything. I needed to rearrange the drives on Pool A so I moved the files to Pool B and then exported Pool A.

TrueNas told me that this pool contained system data, etc and that that data was going to be moved to another available pool (I assumed Pool B) if it wasn't encrypted or the system drive if all datapools are encrypted. After exportation, I noticed that the iocage dataset was not on Pool B and I recreated Pool A with a different set of drives afterward.

Now here comes the fun part... When I want to reinstall my syncthings plugin, Truenas ask me where I would like to put the plugin and jail storage. My 2 available pools are proposed but when I chose either of them, I always get the error message for example if I chose Pool B for storage:

[EFAULT] Failed to activate Pool B : cannot open 'Pool A': dataset does not exist

It's like Truenas is trying to find the iocage where it was located before exportation but it's not there anymore.

I read several posts and I tried to do:

iocage clean -a

and ended up with a similar message:

iocage_lib.zfs.ZFSException: cannot open 'Pool A': dataset does not exist

I'd appreciate some input because I don't want to do anything too risky.

Thanks in advance.

JF.